Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Audio Books

While I've heard all the details about our new audio books I've failed to talk with anyone who has actually been through the process. So, I set down at my laptop last night to try it out. It was a very easy to download the player and locate the titles for my cart or my wishlist. It must be pretty popular seeing how almost everything was checked out. Well, at least the fiction I look at. My only difficulty was that I needed to download a newer version of Windows Media Player. I got that out of the way quickly and set to downloading The Hound of the Baskervilles by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. The five parts took about 2 minutes to download and I was ready to go. I listened to it while I was drifting off the sleep and awoke at 3am to it still playing. While I'm not a big audio book fan (still need the tangible form of a book) I do see the appeal of this technology. Now to tackle transferring it to my iPod. Eek!

No comments:

Post a Comment