Tuesday, March 17, 2009

RSS Feeds

Most of my previous experience with RSS feeds was simply running across sites I liked and noticing they had RSS feeds available. It seemed a serendipitous way to find fun information because we all know how unserious I am and how all the feeds I subscribe to are feature random fun facts, trivia, celebrity gossip, book reviews and stupid videos about cats.

I tried the more logical approach and used the search engines suggested in Exercise #9. The Bloglines search was okay since I am getting use to it layout. But I truly hated both Syndic8 and Topix. I was instantly turned off by Syndic8's design. I know, I know...don't judge a book by its' cover but tried I really did and sorry but no thanks. Just not visually pleasing. Topix, on the other hand, was too news center for me. But like Goldilock's search for the perfect bed, I found Technorati to be just right. Simply, user-friendly layout with directory (helps my librarian brain), manageable results and ta da!...relevant videos. Definitely my personal favorite. What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. I also thought Technorati was the best out of those sites, LOTS of cool stuff on there! :)

    ReplyDelete