Monday, March 16, 2009

Technology Talk

Given the opportunity to blog about anything technology related I've decided to write about some of my favorite online technologies.

My absolute fave:

LibraryThing
Most of you are probably already familiar with this site. But I use it to record all the books I've read. I started this feat in 2007 and my library already houses 663 titles. It is very helpful to me because I remember more about the book by seeing the cover. It's also helpful to see their recommendations. Check out my catalog.

Runner-Ups:

Google Books
Here I keep track of all the books I want to read. But, of course, it's a never-ending quest because I'm always adding new books. Check out my to read list.

Also fun:
LookyBook
For all you children's librarians out there, this site lets you look through easy pictures titles before you buy them. It's new so there are only 300 titles so far but I've found some good ones to check out like Chickerella by Mary Jane Auch.

Smilebox
This is a great site to design custom online invitations, e-cards, scrapbooks and photo albums. It's free but you do have to register.

As I think of them, I'll add more of my favorite sites.

No comments:

Post a Comment